Thursday 22 May 2014

Neutral Nails ..... Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint - Lychee



When it comes to nail polish, I always opt for red or coral shades. They look bright, vibrant and classy at the same time. But sometimes its nice to try something different, and when a colour just jumps out at you, you have to buy it. This happened to me recently when I spotted the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint (longest name ever!) in the shade Lychee. I've never tried any of the Barry M polishes before, but have heard lots of good things about them, and they are such an affordable price, so how can you resist!



I would describe lychee as a creamy, nude beige shade. Its a really unique colour that makes your fingers look really long and slim, and would look amazing with a tan in the summer. The Gelly
formula gives a gorgeous shiny, glossy finish, although I still always tend to use my Seche Vite top coat. This gives it that extra high shine and makes my polish last that little bit longer without chipping quite as quickly. I tend to have no luck with nail polish usually, but this lasts two full days before chipping, which is pretty good for me. I've had better results with the Barry M polish than with some much more expensive brands.

I've tried a few different brands doing the 'gel' formula polishes, and to be honest, I don't feel any of them have lasted any longer than your normal nail polish formula before starting to chip. If you want gel polish, Its probably best to invest in a professional gel manicure (Calgel is amazing). But obviously, the nail polishes are so much cheaper, and its nice to be able to change your nail colour every few days. The Barry M Gelly range have a huge array of gorgeous shades to choose from.



I'm so impressed by Lychee, it took two coats over a base coat to get a nice non streaky/opaque covering. I often find than paler colours can look quite streaky, but this is not the case at all. Barry M have recently release a new range of nail paints for summer, which includes some gorgeous shades, one of which is 'Almond'. This is along the same lines as Lychee, but a bit more on the grey side......This one is definitely next on my list.....

No comments:

Post a Comment